Friday, May 25, 2012

Preview of Chapter 5


I've been lazy, so I'll have you all a preview to keep you entertained :3

“Hey Mordikai; I need a favor,” I announced, as I approached another of my assassins, Mordikai von Kaiser. The Dragonspyrian glanced up from his work; a thick stack of papers littering his desk so thick I couldn’t see him behind it. The only illumination in his cluttered workroom was a small candle on the verge of burning out, located on a small oaken sidetable.
                “Anything to get me out of this crap,” he mumbled. His accent was heavier than most, but not overbearingly so. He stood up and stretched his arms above his head, letting his long, chocolate hair fall to his shoulders. He stepped out from behind the desk, and I found he was wearing the same uniform Zamir had. He scratched his chin, which had obvious stubble. Someone needs a break like there’s no freaking tomorrow.
“What do you need?
                “Well you see, earlier today I was sent to retrieve a certain girl from Marleybone and bring her back to the palace…” I started. Mordikai nodded silently.
                “And she’s…rambunctious, for lack of a better word. Anyway; point is, Zamir let her into my room.”
                “So?”
                “While I was sleeping.”
“Oh.” A smirk grew across the man’s face. He knows what I’m about to ask of him. Either that or he was picturing a ‘rambunctious’ girl in my room, while I was passed out.
“I need to get back at him,” I stated. He crossed his arms.
“And how do you propose to go about that?”
“Are you familiar with the King’s plans to build a moat around Palace Luminosa?”
“Aye.”
“Do you know when they’ll fill it up with water?” Mordikai smiled maliciously, and contemplated.
“I believe it will be full by tomorrow evening. What do you need me to do?” he asked.
“Have him on the roof tomorrow night. Bribe him, kidnap him, I don’t care. I just want him on that roof,” I ordered.
“What do you plan to do? Just drop him in? Doesn’t seem very elaborate or entertaining,” the Dragonspyrian pointed out.
“Well do you have a better idea?”
“Actually…”

Ooh~ The guy with an accent has a plan ^,-,^

1 comment:

  1. i dont wanna know!!! guys with accents are super scary without out plans let alone with them!

    ReplyDelete