Sunday, September 11, 2011

Writing Skills or Lack Thereof.

So....yeah...bit late. Cant sleep. But I'm not just here with my normal pointless chatter (entirely). I was in a weird mood, and I realized no one (not even my friends) have had a taste of my writing, so I wrote....this....thing....read it...
EDIT: I call this gloomy little one-shot Zap. Enjoy.


I cant believe it’s all gonna end here, I grimly thought as my knees buckled under my own weight, and I collapsed onto the hard, stone ground. I couldn’t find the energy to stand back up and fight. This was the end of me. I closed my eyes solemnly, and as I lie there, staring into the back of my eyelids, listening to my soon-to-be-murderer charge up his wand with such powerful electricity, I could feel it in the very air, I faintly remember the promise I had made before I had travelled all this way, only to the struck down by this bounty hunter.

“Are you sure you have to go?” a petite and sweet voice chimed.
“I’m sorry, but apparently Ambrose doesn’t want anyone else to go,” I replied.
“But that’s the thing; it’s dangerous! What if you get hurt?” the initial voice sounded once again.
“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine,” I assured.
“Hmm,” the voice wasn’t convinced. “You have to promise me you’ll make it back.”
“I promise I’ll make it back. No if, ands or buts. Kiss on it,” I whispered as our lips inched closer together, until finally they met. The embrace lasted several seconds before we pulled away from each other.
“Okay…I believe you,” the voice said reluctantly.

What a fool I was to promise such a thing, I thought. I could feel the hunter’s wand nearly at maximum power, indicating he was ready to end my existence. I believe the worst part of this wasn’t my imminent destruction, or the fact I never completed my objective of what I had been sent into this hell-hole of a world to do in the first place, it’s that I’ll never get to see her again.

I’ll never get to hear the words, I love you, escape her perfect lips ever again. I’ll never get to feel her warm embrace when she was sad, or just wanted a hug again. I’ll never get to see her beautifully constructed face again. I’ll never get to feel her lips pressing up against mine so tightly a thunderbolt couldn’t tear us apart.

Worst part was, I’ll never get to fulfill my promise to her. I wonder how long it will be before she receives this dreadful news. Days? Weeks? Months? Perhaps never. She might live out the rest of her days wondering that became of me. I was wrenched from my thoughts as I hear my pending-murdering begin to speak.
“It’s been a pleasure hunting you, Mr. Deathbringer,” the voice was deep and ominous. “However the ride is over, and the game is done. And you lost.” I try and mumble an objection in rebuttal to this all-too true statement, but my lips wont have it, and remain shut. The electricity in the air begins crackling, sparks flying every which-way from the hunter’s wand.
This is it,
The crackling grew louder.
I’m finished,
Its volume continuously increasing.
I know you cant hear me,
The steady zaps of electricity progressively grew into immense thunderbolts.
But I’ll love you,
Crack, crack, crack.
Forever and always.
ZZZZZZZZZAP!




FEELING SWELLTACULAR :D
~Wolf Deathbringer

No comments:

Post a Comment